Spread Love, Understanding & Belonging.
Spread Love, Understanding & Belonging.
Katie is a leadership coach, speaker and culture expert helping leaders grow personally and professionally through her company, Team Awesome. She has led leadership, organizational development and HR best practices for more than a decade. Her experience includes serving as a Vice President of Human Resources for a nearly $4 billion publicly traded company and extensive experience in leading operations and human resources.
Katie is a TEDx speaker alumna, author of the best-selling book, Hidden Brilliance: A High-Achieving Introvert’s Guide to Self-Discovery, Leadership and Playing Big, and co-host of The Life and Leadership Podcast.
HIDDEN BRILLIANCE SIGNATURE TALKS
These presentations are based on my best-selling book, Hidden Brilliance: A High-Achieving Introvert’s Guide to Self-Discovery, Leadership and Playing Big. Audiences include entrepreneurs, business owners, executives, leaders, and those that may identify as high-achievers or introverts. These keynotes can be paired with bulk book purchases and book signing.
Redefine Success: Releasing Other Peoples’ Expectations and Finding Next-Level Success
Without even realizing it, we often define our success by others’ expectations, what we think we “should” do, and what society rewards. For many successful people, we find ourselves with plenty of accomplishments or promotions only to shortly return to the quiet, nagging question, “Is this all there is?” And in this moment, it becomes clear that “successful” people often hold themselves back from even truer greatness because they stopped at someone else’s checkpoint.
I challenge you to examine your definition of success, discover where it came from, and rewrite a new true definition that opens up the runway to even bigger, more meaningful success. It means uncovering the fears that are holding you back, and no longer attaching your personal value to outcomes and achievement. Are you ready to unlock the next level?
- Examine examples of when you felt the weight of others’ expectations or definition of success
- Learn a process to rewrite your own definition of success that aligns with your core values and personal truth
- Uncover where fear or limiting beliefs are holding you back from even higher levels of success
- Detach your personal value from outcomes and move it to enjoying the journey
Uncovering the High-Achieving Introvert: Harnessing the Unique Superpowers of Your Misunderstood Talent
High-Achieving Introverts can combine their unique skill sets to create super powers and a powerful leadership approach. Learn what “High-Achieving Introvert” means and how does it differ from simply being one part or the other. High-Achieving Introverts combine the power of listening and introspection with a drive to change the world in a big way and can be an incredible force for good.
Introverts are often misunderstood or overlooked in leadership roles, yet many have huge ambitions to make their mark on the world and the skills to do it. When we understand how to engage these unique leadership skills we can shake the world in a big way and bring meaning and humanity to work. Find out how to harness your own super powers as a High-Achieving Introvert, or how to maximize the leadership of a quiet, driven leader on your team.
- Learn about the unique internal experience and viewpoint of the High-Achieving Introvert
- Understand the strength and limitations of high drive and expectations, and the downside of perfectionism
- Examine how to allow High-Achieving Introverts, or yourself, to feel safe and feel permission to lead in their own way
- Learn tactics for how to maintain an environment that supports High-Achieving Introverts and maximize your effectiveness
Moving from Diversity & Inclusion to Belonging
- Understand what belonging looks and feels like
- Consider how your organization may need to operate differently to support belonging
- Learn how to create belonging in your organization, and what hinders it
Defining and Achieving Your Goals
Why is it that we set goals or intentions for ourselves that often go unchecked and unfulfilled? Because somewhere in the process of setting the goal we were misaligned with what we truly wanted, focused on what we “should” do, or had no idea how to actually tackle the big dream before it just slips again to the back burner. In this workshop we tackle all of those roadblocks and you will feel ready and inspired to start small steps towards your goal. This is a workshop style presentation with exercises mixed with group discussion.
- Set a one-year vision to guide your goal planning process
- Define a key goal aligned with your one-year vision
- Learn how to break down goals into sizable activities you will actually be able to do, and build in accountability for achieving them
Stop Being Your Own Saboteur
Almost all of our decision making is done subconsciously, and so we are often completely unaware of some of the ways that we sabotage our own goals because we squash them before they even rise to conscious and rational decision making. We will bring to light some of the ways we talk ourselves out of what we want, and share some tools so that you can be more aware of your thoughts and decisions in the moment going forward. This is a workshop style presentation with exercises mixed with group discussion.
- Learn about the four main internal blocks that cause us to get in our own way
- Examine how we look at choices, and what is or is not a choice in our lives
- Gain new tools to stop being your own saboteur at work and in life
Managing Your Energy: Strategies for Thriving at Work
Despite managing our time well, sometimes we still feel exhausted or drained after everything we thing we need to fit into each day. In this talk, we examine some of the ways that we can manage our own mindset, take back control of our energy, and when that’s not enough some powerful strategies for interacting with others. Participants will understand how personal mindset and approach affects how they experience the workplace and learn some new skills to manage their relationships through honest, authentic conversations.
- Learn how to adjust your mindset to and why this is critical to having the energy to take action
- Understand what brings you energy, and what drains it
- Gain tools to manage your communication with others to build relationships at work
Better at Feedback: Honest Conversations Using Coaching
For all leaders, providing candid and effective feedback can be challenging, but for emerging leaders, it can be downright daunting. This program teaches different methods for newer managers to take a coaching approach with their teams, and allows for practical in-course application to grow the participants’ skill sets and confidence in coaching and developing their direct reports.
- Describe “honest conversations” and remove the mystery and fear from delivering feedback
- Learn situational leadership and “feedforward” techniques
- Practice the coaching approach, including empowering questions, listening, and goal setting